Rockabilly - Psychobilly

Diskusije o bh. i inostranim izvođačima, razmjena pjesama, CD-ova, muzičke oprema...

Moderatori/ce: Chmoljo, Bobi

PostPostao/la lab3352 dana 30/08/2007 13:50

Ovo je jedan od mojih omiljenih psychobilly bendova, Deadbolt. Vise na:

http://www.downinthelab.com/

Posto imam sve albume na CD-u, ukoliko neko moze da postavi linkove (velikani ovoga foruma Stripiii, Black, AfroMan), bilo bi super i da ostali cuju. Mislim da Tarantino jos nije cuo za njih, pa zato nije uzeo ni jednu pjesmu za svoje filmove. Kada cujete kako zvuce, bice Vam jasno :-D

slika

Psycho Killer :x :x
lab3352

PostPostao/la lab3352 dana 30/08/2007 15:27

slika

Nesto o jednom o boljih psychobilly grups osamdesetih godina KING KURT
King Kurt were formed in 1981 with Jef Harvey on vocals and were originally called Rocking Kurt and the Sour Krauts (so named because they used to give away saurkraut at the early gigs to the audience) Add Paul Laventhol (Thwack) and John Reddington on guitars, Rory Lyons on drums, Bert Boustead on bass and school boy Maggot on a borrowed Sax from the ILEA and you got the unique band who's tunes would still be appreciated over two decades later.

Jef left the band in 1982 to go to Birmingham and Smeg (previously of Smeggy and the Cheesy bits) was found in Brighton to take over lead vocals. This 6 piece outfit hit the psychobilly scene big time with their original sound, humour and style.

Playing mostly at the 101 Club in Clapham in the early days, the messy antics started on the night that Jef left . The rest of the band decided to turn him into a cake and smothered him in flour, eggs and shaving foam, and the fans just carried it on from there.

Most of the songs were based on the antics of Kurt the Rat, who was infact a real life rat that lived in Rory's front room.The Rat and Rodent Club was formed late 1982 and you could get a whole Saturday nights entertainment at the 101 in the form of sausage juggling, baked bean eating competitions, Smeggy fire breathing and a cheap haircut, all for 50p, unless you were a student and then it cost you £1.50.

Their first independant release was Zulu Beat on Thin Sliced Records which was produced in various coloured vinyl and limited edition hand drawn covers. It was reported in Sounds that the flip side "Rockin Kurt" was recorded in Paul's living room!

By 1983 their popularity had increased and they were signed to Stiff Records. Their debut album Ooh Wallah Wallah, was produced by Dave Edmunds and October 1983 saw them appear on TOTP with Destination Zulu Land which reached no 36 in the charts. Bet the BBC didn't know what hit them, what with Rory dressed as a Zulu Warrior, Paul wearing a kilt split to the thigh with fishnets, John's horns and Bert's hair reminiscent to a skunk. Smeg looked very dapper in his suit until Rory poured a bucket of gunk over his head and Maggot quickly followed with a bag of feathers. Recently shown on TOTP2 the presenter made comments like "when this band came on, we played a joke on them and took the mirrors out of the dressing room" and "they didn't know what they looked like, god bless 'em" HOW RUDE!!! Maybe he should have taken a look at the audience!

King Kurt continued to release records - most of the singles came in 7", 12", picture disc and coloured vinyl. Next album was Big Cock, aptly named because of the giant rooster on the cover. Even so WHS still banned it because it was not suitable to sit on their shelves. Each record cover came with the highly colourful artwork depicting KURT THE RAT in different scenarios, which in turn were then printed onto t-shirts, and sold in hundreds at gigs. It has been said that King Kurt sold more t-shirts than records.

King Kurt gigs were an experience and a half. The band's stage outfits over the years included 50s ballgowns worn with Dr Marten boots, banana print suits, convicts outfits, heavy metal rockers compete with long hair, vicars in tights and even The Belle Stars. Of course, they expected their fans to follow suit and at many of the early gigs, admission for males was only if you had a dress on! On stage drinking games usually started off the night with many willing volunteers getting up to drink beer through a long tube. Oh I can still hear the dulcet tones of Smeg shouting "Pipe in the bucket, 5-4-3-2-1 SUCK!!!!" Of course, those that failed, got a bucket of the coloured gunk chucked over their head. This, added to all the flour, eggs and baked beans that were already being chucked around the venue, made for a very messy evening. As they matured they progressed to Tequilla Slammers which resulted in the band hitting the headlines due to many of the contestants being rather ill afterwards.

King Kurt toured extensively, they were also big in Europe, USA and Japan and disappeared from our fair isles to please their massive fan base abroad.

It was a sad day when I received the newsletter from the Rat and Rodent club telling me that King Kurt had split up (around 1987/8).A couple of members went on to form THE KURTS who released only one record - Bye Bye Baby. I remember bumping into Maggot and Smeg sometime later at a gig, who told me they were at that time in a band called FISH TANK GRAVEL.

You cant hold a good band down and King Kurt were touring again from 1992-1996, the line up consisting of Smeg, Paul, Maggot, Billy and Daniel; and many albums got rereleased and reedited on CD.

In the past year or two there has been a rekindled interest in King Kurt. Don't know if it's got anything to do with all of us born again scooterists and psychos wanted to reclaim our lost youth, but King Kurt records and memorabilia are trading hands for large figures of money leaving many of us wondering where all our KK stuff went. I've even seen t-shirts on Ebay - how they ever survived a typical gig let alone the 80s is beyond me.

Smeg (showman extrodinaire) brought back the sounds with I CANT BELIEVE ITS NOT KING KURT and belted out all the old King Kurt classics to a very appreciative audience at the Woolacombe Scooter Rally in 2002. Ably backed by members of I Cant Beleive it's not Punk - Ulysses, Dave and Damian on bass and guitars, Andy from the Riffs on trumpet, Keef on drums, and guest vocals from Jonah, Neil & Tony.

MEMBERS
Smeg: Vocals
Thwack: Guitar
Maggot: Sax
Rory Lyons: Drums
Bert: Bass
Handsome John: Guitar

lab3352

PostPostao/la lab3352 dana 30/08/2007 16:32

Phantom Rockers slave dvadeset godina postojanja. I danas se vode kao jedan od utjecajnih psychobilly grupa, koji su ovaj zvuk donjeli na mainstream.

Više info na: http://www.phantomrockers.com/

slika
lab3352

PostPostao/la lab3352 dana 30/08/2007 18:07

Za sebe kazu:

Only The Meteors are pure psychobilly

Mnogi su potvrdili ... so, please welcome:

THE METEORS

http://www.kingsofpsychobilly.com/welcome.htm

The Meteors started almost twenty years ago as a reaction against the soft rockabilly that was popular at that time and they have now evolved to become the acknowledged "Kings of Psychobilly".

Their audience has now expanded, and includes not just psychobillies, but everybody from rockabillies and punks, to bikers, skinheads and most alternatives.They are the original creators of Psychobilly Music, and although they have spawned hundreds of imitations, The Meteors are proud to be the only pure psychobilly band ever. Their songs are inspired by their personal experiences and interests; Horror, Perversion, and Death in general. They list their hobbies as motorbikes, rock'n'roll, and burying the living, and their heroes as Michael Myers, Charles Manson and the guy who shot John Lennon.

They have now made no less than seventeen official albums, (a complete discography is enclosed) and countless singles, not to mention dozens of compilations and re-issues. Many were made in their own recording studio, "In Heaven", and lead-man Paul Fenech has also released three solo albums. World-wide sales have increased steadily over the years, and they have toured almost continuously to support these releases.

Their live show is wild and addictive, (they have done it over thousands of times) and has been seen in just about every country in the world, including Japan, several tours of America, and every major city in Europe and Scandinavia. Everybody is welcome at a Meteors show, and the band make a point that The Meteors Live is a political or religious free zone. People should come to enjoy the music, and to wreck if they are brave enough! It's wild and sweaty, but nobody gets seriously hurt.

They are supported by a flourishing fan club, with thousands of members worldwide, each of who get free regular letters about releases, tours, band news and new merchandise, and there are several internet web sites devoted to them. (They have been voted Number One Band, and Number One Song, continuiusly for the last year and a half on The Psychobilly Homepage) and they receive daily e-mail from fans from every corner of the earth. Although there have been line-up changes over the years, (Paul Fenech being the only original member) the search for the perfect combination is now over. The Meteors are a known name, experienced, professional working band, with an established audience. Their most recent release is Bastard Sons of a Rock’n’roll Devil, which has been very well received by press & audience around the world.

MEMBERS

P Paul Fenech - Lead Vox & Guitar
Wolfgang Hordemann - Drums
Shaun Berry - B/Vox & Bass

slika
lab3352

PostPostao/la lab3352 dana 31/08/2007 08:16

Heartbreak Engines spadaju u sam vrh psychobilly/punk scene. Posljednji koncert im je objavljen u sklopu serijala "Bad Boys For Life vol. 3". Inace izdaju za "People Like You Records".

slika

Vise informacija na: http://www.heartbreak-engines.com

Preporucujem za sve koji vole punk i rokenrol.

lab3352

PostPostao/la lab3352 dana 31/08/2007 13:53

The Cramps! Da li treba ista vise posebno reci ... pored The Meteors i Stray Cats, bili su band koji psychobilly (voodoobilly, kako su ga oni zvali) donjeli na mainstream. Ostali su i do danas jedna od najvecih psychobilly grupa. Jedina BiH psychobilly grupa "Voodoo Cadillac" na svom prvom albumu su odali počast Poison Ivy ...

http://www.thecramps.com/

slika

slika

lab3352

PostPostao/la lab3352 dana 31/08/2007 15:23

Pored The Cramps, Nekromantix su jedan od rijetkih psychobilly bendova čiji su se spotovi vrtili po MTV. Da li je to mjerilo uspjeha ili ne, sami odlučite. Radi se o jednom odličnom bendu, veoma dobrog live nastupa i s odličnim albumima.

Više na: http://www.nekromantix.com/home.html

slika

slika
lab3352

PostPostao/la lab3352 dana 31/08/2007 16:38

Iako nema veze s psychobilly-jem, tuzna vijest od jucer. Hilly Kristal, osnivač i vlasnik najpoznatijeg punk/rock cluba CBGB je preminuo u 75 godini.

Vise s BBC-a:

Founder of US punk club CBGB dies

Kristal originally set the club up to showcase country music
Hilly Kristal, founder of the New York punk club CBGB which is credited with discovering Patti Smith and The Ramones, has died at the age of 75.
His daughter, Lisa, said he died from complications arising from lung cancer.

Kristal founded the club in 1973. The venue lost its lease last year after a dispute over rising rents.

In a statement, Marky Ramone of The Ramones, said Kristal was an "integral part" of the punk scene, and was always "supportive" of the genre.

"In an era when disco was the mainstream, Hilly took a chance and gambled. The gamble paid off for both him and for us. We are all grateful to him and will miss him," he added.

Born in 1932, Kristal became a concert violinist at the age of nine. He went on to manage New York jazz club, the Village Vanguard, before opening CBGB in a derelict bar in East Village in 1973.

The venue, whose full title CBGB OMFUG stood for 'country, bluegrass, blues and other music for uplifting gourmandisers', was originally launched to showcase country music.

Instead the club became a breeding ground for punk rock.

Johnny Rzeznik of the Goo Goo Dolls, who first played CBGB in the late 1980s, said: "So many bands would have never have made records unless they came to CBGB."

Fans have left tributes to him outside the Manhattan club

The club's final shows, in October last year, featured Patti Smith and Blondie's Debbie Harry.

Lenny Kaye, a longtime member of the Patti Smith Group said: "He created a club that started on a small, out-of-the-way skid row, and saw it go around the world."

"Everywhere you travel around the world, you saw somebody wearing a CBGB T-shirt," he said.

"He wanted the club to survive him," his daughter Lisa Kristal Burgman said. "He is survived by the fans and bands that played there."

A private memorial service is planned, with a public memorial service expected sometime in the future.

slika
lab3352

PostPostao/la lab3352 dana 31/08/2007 17:55

The Wildkatz spadaju u noviju generaciji neo rockabilly grupa iz Britanije. Osnovni su prije desetak godina, izdaju za renomirani "Raucous Records" i iza sebe imaju tri odlicna albuma.

Više na: http://skinpromotions.myby.co.uk/

slika
lab3352

PostPostao/la lab3352 dana 01/09/2007 13:46

Vaze za jedan od najboljih psychobilly grupa iz Amerike s velikim uspjehom u Evropi. Prije tri godine su objavili odlican DVD "Live and in color". Reverend Horton Heat svojom muzikom nece samo zadovoljiti ljubitelje psychobilly zvuka, vec i one sklone istinskom garažnom roku.

Više na: http://www.reverendhortonheat.com/

slika

slika

slika
lab3352

PostPostao/la lab3352 dana 01/09/2007 15:16

OBAVEZNO POGLEDATI OVA DVA LINKA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtcUVe9Ismk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht8C7aia ... ed&search=

Kratka istorija psychobilly muzike preuzeta s MTV-a.

slika

lab3352

PostPostao/la lab3352 dana 01/09/2007 17:59

Mislim da je vrijeme da kazem i koju o jedinom psychobilly bendu iz BiH, bar za sada, Voodoo Cadillac ...

Psychobilly – rockabilly band Voodoo Cadillac iz Brckog (BiH) postoji od jula 2000. godine i od samog pocetka svira svoje pjesme gradeci vlastiti stil, proizvodeci mješavinu uticaja njihovih najvecih uzora: The Cramps, Stray Cats, The Reverend Horton Heat, Partibrejkers. 2001. godine u Travniku snima svoje prve demo snimke, da bi ubrzo u Sarajevu snimili svoj prvi video spot za pjesmu «Laju na nas». 2003. godine pjesme «Laju na nas», «Rocker Boy» i «Znam, znam» izlaze na kompilaciji Zdenke Franjica «Bombardiranje New Yorka 9 » nezavisne izdavacke kuce «Slušaj najglasnije» Hrvatska. 2004. godine snima svoj prvi album sa trinaest pjesama u studiju MAT- Tuzla, da bi novembra 2004. ponovo izašli na kompilaciji «Bombardiranje New Yorka 10» sa dvije pjesme «Patnja» i «Voodoo Cadillac». Oktobra 2005. izlazi prvi album benda Voodoo Cadillac pod naslovom «Psychobilly» koji objavljuje nezavisna izdavacka kuca «Slušaj najglasnije» Zagreb ( CD ). Nakon toga snima tri video spota za pjesmu «Voodoo Cadillac», «Hodaj lagano» i «Patnja». Po treci put krajem 2006. godine izlaze na kompilaciji «Bombardiranje New York 11» sa tri pjesme. Voodoo Cadillac je do 2007.g. održao preko 40 živih nastupa : Heineken Music Fest (Zenica, Travnik) te nastupi u Hrvatskoj (Vinkovci, Vukovar), klub Gatto (Zenica) da bi 2004. otvorili koncert Leta 3 u Tuzli, Rastok festival, koncert u Tuzli sa Erotic Biljan & His Heretics (Hrvatska, Zagreb)...2006.Tuzla +( Skroz,Zoster) Bike&Roll Tuzla +(No Rules,Messerscmitt, Van Gogh )..Bock (Sarajevo) , Novigrad , Banja Luka , UFO Fest Osijek.... Kontakt: [email protected]

Vise na: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =203465837

slika

slika
lab3352

PostPostao/la lab3352 dana 01/09/2007 19:14

Ovaj sajt bi treba svako, ko voli muziku, da barem jednom posjeti i procita. Ipak, on je bio i ostace King Of Rock'n'roll: ELVIS PRESLEY

http://www.elvis.com/

slika

slika

slika
lab3352

PostPostao/la lab3352 dana 01/09/2007 19:17

Elvis Presley: "Jailhouse Rock" video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc5sDt4ppnE

Elvis Presley: "Heartbreak Hotel" (1956) video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Qo1eaWF8c

Elvis Presley: "In The Ghetto" video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Qo1eaWF8c

lab3352

PostPostao/la lab3352 dana 03/09/2007 08:21

Preko vikenda sam gledao (napokon) novi DVD Jerry Lee Lewisa, pod simboličnim nazivom, "Last Man Standing". Posljednji koji je ostao živ od legendarnog "Million Dollar Quartet" (Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins i Jerry Lee Lewis), pokazuje i danas kako se svira istinski rockabilly.

Vise informacija na: http://www.jerryleelewis.com/

slika

slika

slika

lab3352

PostPostao/la lab3352 dana 03/09/2007 08:53

"Million Dollar Quartet" line up:

- Elvis Presley
- Johnny Cash
- Jerry Lee Lewis
- Carl Prekins

Malo priče:

The jam session seems to have happened by pure chance. Perkins, who by this time had already met success with "Blue Suede Shoes", had come into the studios that day, accompanied by his brothers Clayton and Jay and by drummer W.S. Holland, their aim being to cut some new material, including a revamped version of an old blues song, "Matchbox". Sam Phillips, the owner of Sun Records, who wished to try to fatten this sparse rockabilly instrumentation, had brought in his latest acquisition, singer and piano man extraordinaire, Jerry Lee Lewis, still unknown outside Memphis, to play the piano on the Perkins session.

Sometime in the early afternoon, Elvis Presley, a former SUN artist himself, but now at RCA, dropped in to pay a casual visit accompanied by a girlfriend, Marilyn Evans. He was, at the time, the biggest name in show business, having hit the top of the singles charts five times, and topping the album charts twice in the preceding 12 month period. Less than four months earlier, he had appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show, pulling an unheard-of 83% of the television audience, which was estimated at 55 million, the largest in history, up to that time. After chatting with Philips in the control room, Presley listened to the playback of the Perkins’ session, which he pronounced to be good. Then he went into the studio and some time later the jam session began. Phillips left the tapes running in order to "capture the moment" as a souvenir and for posterity. At some point during the session, SUN artist Johnny Cash, who had also enjoyed a few hits on the country charts, popped in. (Cash noted in his autobiography Cash that it was he who was the first to arrive at Sun Studio that day.)

As the session continued, Phillips spotted an opportunity for some publicity and called a local newspaper, the Memphis Press-Scimitar. Bob Johnson, the newspaper’s entertainment editor came over to the studios accompanied by a UPI representative named Leo Soroca, and a photographer.

The following day, an article, written by Johnson about the session, was published in the Memphis Press-Scimitar under the title, "Million Dollar Quartet". The article contained the now well known photograph of Elvis Presley seated at the piano surrounded by Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins and Johnny Cash.

Antologijska fotografija:

slika

slika
lab3352

PostPostao/la lab3352 dana 03/09/2007 11:37

Ovo je bilo postavljeno na jednom od SA-X foruma, pa evo da se i ovdje nadje:

A sad nesto posebno, nesto sto sam davno htio staviti, ali nikako doci do toga. Jedna skroz dobra sarajevska demo grupa s kraja osamdesetih (mislim da nikad nisu snimili album):

Torpeda - Crne mrezaste carape
Torpeda - Una

http://rapidshare.de/files/19922179/04_ ... e.mp3.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/19922439/08_-_Una.mp3.html

Una
Torpeda

Idem na voz, nocas putujem
stanica, guzva i guranje
naporan put, ali ne brinem.
Jer danas je tako rijetko
doci nekome koga to raduje.

I pisma pakujem
i jedva skucane poklone
i tebi poznate mirise.
Jer danas je tako rijetko
doci nekome koga to raduje.

Una, Una, Una, Una, Una, Una
sutra ujutro ti kucam na vrata
Una, Una, Una, Una, Una, Una
zagrlim te i poljubim - kao nekada.

O, moja Una.

Thx to Mosor1

lab3352

PostPostao/la lab3352 dana 03/09/2007 13:17

Krewmen su važili za jedan od najuticajnih psychobilly bendova s početka osamdesetih godina. Uskoro izdaju "Greatest Hits" album, koji je moguce nabaviti preko Raucous Records-a.

More information:

Starting in 1982 the Krewmen mainly played pure Rockabilly songs. In 1985 the band played in "Elvis The Musical". After that Tony McMillan (b) recruited Jimmy Fahy (d)-who eventually joined Get Smart a few years later- & Carl Sonny Leyland (g/v). They signed a record deal and released two EPs for Lost Moment Records.

But McMillan was bored always covering other people´s material. So he reformed the Krewmen. In came Mark Cole (v), Jason Thornton (b) and Dominic Parr (d) with McMillan switching back on guitar. They released a trio of legendary albums in 1986 and 1987. With the success of the album releases, Krewmen developed into one of the most influential Psychobilly bands of the era. What made the Krewmen different from the other bands at that time was that they played incredibly fast plus the sensational voice of Mark Cole, who was arguably the best Psychobilly vocalist of the era.

After their third longplayer "Into The Tomb" Cole left the band for personal reasons--in fact he also left the UK-- and Tony McMillan took over on vocals. The sound started to change a little bit. In 1988 Parr and Thornton also decided to leave the Krewmen for private reasons. In came Steve Piper (d) and Paul Oxley (b)-Tony McMillan had tried other bass players in between-. The new formed trio was also responsible for the next few album releases.

Since their very beginning Krewmen has released two handful of albums and several singles all on Lost Moment Records( Curse of the Graveyard Demon was originally distributed by US record company Skyclad for the US market only) . The band also toured the USA and became headliners on several Psychobilly festivals all over Europe.

Mark Cole has already started a comeback with a new formed outfit called MadDogCole in 2007.

Discography:

Singles:
What You Are Today(1985)
Ramblin(1985)
My Generation (1988)
Do You Wanna Touch (1988)
Forbidden Planet(1992)

Albums:
The Adventures Of The Krewmen (1986)
Sweet Dreams(1987)
Into The Tomb(1987)
Plague Of The Dead (1988)
Curse Of The Graveyard Demon (1988)
Power (1990)
The Final Adventures Of The Krewmen (1991)
Singled Out (1994)
Classic Tracks From 1985 (1998)
The Best Of The Krewmen(2006)

Više na: http://www.krewmen.com/

slika

slika

lab3352

PostPostao/la lab3352 dana 03/09/2007 16:12

Prije par godina, napokon, je objavljen na DVD-u jedan od najboljih sessiona ikada održanih (po mom mišljenu i ako izuzmemo Howlin' Wolf London Session :-D), Carl Perkins with Friends, nazvan simbolično, "Rockabilly Session".

slika

Muzičari koji su tada bili prisutni i svirali (posebno dobro izgledaju, veoma napušeni, Ringo Starr i Eric Clapton) su:

Carl Perkins/vocals, guitar.
George Harrison/guitar, vocals
Ringo Starr/vocals, drums.
Eric Clapton/vocals, drums.
Dave Edmunds/vocals, drums.
Geraint Watkins/piano.
Mickey Gee/guitar.
David Charles/drums.
John David/bass.
Rosanne Cash/vocals.
Slim Jim Phantom/
Lee Rocker/bass.
Greg Perkins/bass

Carl Perkins
slika

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s24XdYrRaek

lab3352

J E D I N I

PostPostao/la fadill dana 03/09/2007 20:33

Psychobilly – rockabilly band Voodoo Cadillac iz Brčkog (BiH) postoji od jula 2000. godine i od samog početka svira svoje pjesme gradeći vlastiti stil, proizvodeći mješavinu uticaja njihovih najvećih uzora: The Cramps, Stray Cats, The Reverend Horton Heat, Partibrejkers.
2001. godine u Travniku snima svoje prve demo snimke, da bi ubrzo u Sarajevu snimili svoj prvi video spot za pjesmu «Laju na nas».
2003. godine pjesme «Laju na nas», «Rocker Boy» i «Znam, znam» izlaze na kompilaciji Zdenke Franjića «Bombardiranje New Yorka 9 » nezavisne izdavačke kuće «Slušaj najglasnije» Hrvatska.
2004. godine snima svoj prvi album sa trinaest pjesama u studiju MAT- Tuzla, da bi novembra 2004. ponovo izašli na kompilaciji «Bombardiranje New Yorka 10» sa dvije pjesme «Patnja» i «Voodoo Cadillac».
Oktobra 2005. izlazi prvi album benda Voodoo Cadillac pod naslovom «Psychobilly» koji objavljuje nezavisna izdavačka kuća «Slušaj najglasnije» Zagreb ( CD ).
Nakon toga snima tri video spota za pjesmu «Voodoo Cadillac», «Hodaj lagano» i «Patnja».
Po treći put krajem 2006. godine izlaze na kompilaciji «Bombardiranje New York 11» sa tri pjesme.

Voodoo Cadillac je do 2007.g. održao preko 40 živih nastupa : Heineken Music Fest (Zenica, Travnik) te nastupi u Hrvatskoj (Vinkovci, Vukovar), klub Gatto (Zenica) da bi 2004. otvorili koncert Leta 3 u Tuzli, Rastok festival, koncert u Tuzli sa Erotic Biljan & His Heretics (Hrvatska, Zagreb)...2006.Tuzla +( Skroz,Zoster) Bike&Roll Tuzla +(No Rules,Messerscmitt, Van Gogh )..Bock (Sarajevo) , Novigrad , Banja Luka , UFO Fest Osijek....

Voodoo cadillac : Adnan Murselović - vokal, gitara,
Mirsad Redžić - bas,
Damir Šerifović - bubanj.

http://myspace.com/voodoocadillacbh
fadill

PostPostao/la lab3352 dana 04/09/2007 08:29

Teddy Boys! Teds! Pokret koji je jedno vrijeme bio veoma popularan u Britaniji, usko vezan za rockabilly/rock'n'roll muziku. Pokret koji imao svoj stil odjevanja, frizuru, način življena. Danas se može slobodno svrstati u subkulturu, veoma bitnu. Mnogi su stajališta da su Tedsi bili prehodnica punku i psychobilly-ju...

Nešto više:

Teddy Boy movement

All began in the early 1950's in England. Some teenagers gangs appeared in the East End of London; they were called the Cosh boys. It was very easy to recognise them. They wore a very special rig : long jacket with velvet collar and cuffs drain-pipe trousers like under the reign of Edward VII (1901-1910), bright ankle socks and slim Jim tie. There hair were "long" and greased. These Cosh boys terrified the English society : razor attacks, fights between gangs but also against the police, robberies ... After the Second World War England woke up with an headache ! Press needed a new term to describe these gangs which number increased each day? The word chosen was Teddy Boy(s) and Teddy Girl(s), Ted(s)

It seems that the first newspaper that used the term Teddy Boy was the Daily Express on September 23rd 1953. At this epoch, Elvis Presley was just a truck-driver !

And then, came Rock'n'Roll immediately adopted by the young generation and of course by the Teds. Bill Haley, Elvis, Buddy Holly, Eddie Cochran, Gene Vincent, Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, Chuck Berry, and British artists like Tommy Steele, Cliff Richard and the Drifters (then the Shadows), Billy Fury, Marty Wilde (and many many others ... ) became the teenagers' idols. It was the beginning of something new, a wind of freedom. In Britain, in September 1956, Bill Haley had 5 records in the 'Top 20' and the film Rock Around The Clock was shown at 300 cinemas, but, in the early 60's, the tastes of the public changed and many Teds, after the military service in the British Army, put away their finger-tip drapes, their tightly fitting trousers and cut their hair. Was it the end of the Teds' culture ? Not at all ladies and gents!

50's R'N'R still had many fans in Great Britain ; many of them, the (Ton-Up) Rockers wore the "uniform" of the "American bad boys" : black leather jackets, T-shirts, jeans and motorcycle boots.

In 1967, Bill Haley's Shake, Rattle and Roll crept into the British charts again. At the end of the 60's, some bands played authentic R'N'R for a new generation of Teds which joined the original ones . Bands like the Wild Angels, the Houseshakers, the R'N'R Gang (in France), Shakin' Stevens & the Sunsets, the R'NR Allstars recreated the true spirit of R'N'R ; they rendered the big success of the 50's (',Johnny B. Goode',' Little Queenie'. 'Tutti Frutti','Peggy Sue', 'Be Bop A Lula, 'C'mon Everybody', 'Summertime Blues', 'Great Balls Of Fire', ...). This return to the traditional R'N'R was called Rock'n'Roll Revival.

In the 70's, the new generation of Teds developed a strong identity : hair lacquer started to replace grease, the drapes were brighter and, sometimes, the drain-pipes were tighter. Gradually , this new generation discovered one of the roots of R'N'R : Rockabilly and Country Music. Remember, Mr. Presley started off on Rockabilly! People like Carl Perkins, Johnny & Dorsey Burnette, Charlie Feathers, Hank Mizell, Warren Smith, Billy Lee Riley, Charlie Rich, George Jones, Carl Mann, Hayden Thomson, Janis Martin, Wanda Jackson, Sleepy Labeef (and many many other artists) became suddenly famous in England then soon after in the rest of Europe. In the same time, in the U.S.A., the great label Rollin' Rock recorded brilliant artists as Ray Campi, Mac Curtis ...

The main adepts of Rockabilly founded a new movement called Rockabilly Rebels (Rockabilly Rebs). Some of them embraced the politics of the British National Front and of racial segregation. They wore the Confederate flag. Teds News do not support this "movement" which is nearly dead ! Artists as Matchbox and Ray Campi, musical leaders of the Rockabilly Rebels were not at all racialist.

In the early 70's, a lot of Teds (particularly, the old generation) didn't care about Rockabilly, they asked for Rock'N'Roll. Nowadays, it's different : Rockabilly (with 50's R'N'R, instrumentals of the early 60's, Jumpin' Jive, Country Music) belongs to the Teds' culture.

The interest for Rockabilly coincided with the internationalisation of the Teddy Boy's tradition. New bands like Crazy Cavan & the Rhythm Rockers, the Flying Saucers, the Riot Rockers (... ) exported all over Europe their own songs, their own music. They created a new sound that we 're still calling British Rockabilly. Some Teds prefer to use the term (Rockabilly) Revival. Teds News would like to promote this European sound also called Teddy Boy Rock'n'Roll, which had many supporters in the 70's and still have many fans in Europe even if a lot of (pseudo) purists hate this style that is not enough 50's for them. British Rockabilly can be played with an electric bass. The purists abhor this instrument, they prefer the double-bass ("slap bass")

Teds News decided to support Teddy Boy R'N'R (even is this music is often underestimated), British R'N'R and bands that try to revive the early 60's instrumentals.

It seems that some Teds today return to the roots of their movement. They give up the 70's style for the 50's one. Nobody knows what the future will be. But we are sure that Rock'n'Roll will never die.

slika

slika

slika

lab3352

PostPostao/la lab3352 dana 04/09/2007 10:43

Jedna od boljih diskografskih kuća, specijalozovanih za psychobilly, rockabilly i punk je "Drunkabilly Records".

Ovo se posebno odnosi na njihova izdanja, a u svom online shopu imaju odlican izbor majica. Pogledati obavezno:

http://www.drunkabilly.com

slika

slika

lab3352

PostPostao/la lab3352 dana 04/09/2007 13:45

Milwaukee Wildmen s njihovim posljednjim albumom "Strike Back" spadaju u sam vrh novoga vala psychobilly-ja.

Više na: http://www.milwaukeewildmen.com/ ili

http://www.myspace.com/milwaukeewildmen

slika

slika

Snimka s jednoga od live nastupa: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZFoJGMb ... ed&search=

(obavezno pogledati)

lab3352

PostPostao/la lab3352 dana 04/09/2007 13:45

Milwaukee Wildmen s njihovim posljednjim albumom "Strike Back" spadaju u sam vrh novoga vala psychobilly-ja.

Više na: http://www.milwaukeewildmen.com/ ili

http://www.myspace.com/milwaukeewildmen

slika

slika

Snimka s jednoga od live nastupa: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZFoJGMb ... ed&search=

(obavezno pogledati)

lab3352

PostPostao/la lab3352 dana 05/09/2007 08:14

THE CARAVANS: "No Mercy" (Drunkabilly Records)

This is the popular, in 2006 released, album from the Caravans. Roots firmly lodged in the Rockabilly ideal, The Caravans have developed into an up to date, progressive Psychobilly and Rockabilly trio with elements of old school British Punk giving an edge to their modern re-inventive style. "No Mercy" is melodic, but hard to the bone & will leave you breathless. It's pace and rhythmic skitzophrenia will have you on the edge, but wanting more! Co-produced by Rich Tamblyn (Lou rhodes, 6th Ditch) to standard only fitting in todays developing music climate... We can say The Caravans mange it to make a perfect crossover release that will be loved by any kind of people from different scene's!

Tracklist:

Psychobilly Pop Star
Then You Die
No Mercy
Freedom
Sweethearts Of The Razor
Educated Love
Faithless & Faceless
She's Still Growing Up
Girl From Sao Luiz
Django
Miracle
X-IT-19
Princess Of Darkness
She's Loving Herself

slika

Pogledati na http://www.youtube.com : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbrLm7IzqFU

lab3352

PrethodnaSljedeća

Natrag na Muzika

Trenutno korisnika/ca: Google Feedfetcher i 5 gostiju.